Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Earth Laughs in Flowers



I love flowers and I love to make floral arrangements. Sometimes in the peak of summer the blooms are so stunning it's best to let them stand alone. Can you even believe the color of these hydrangeas? They are not photo shopped or anything - they were lucky enough to have been grown in Astoria, Oregon where it's cool with sea breezes and the air is full of moisture. There must be something about the soil too. And sunflowers, I never get tired of growing them, cutting them or seeing them. These were grown in my community garden plot and needed to be cut because they were shading the tomato plants. If you have the space and the sun, plan on growing some flowers for cutting next year. It'll make you smile!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love the vibrant color of those hydrangeas!
And sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers of all time.

Bill P said...

The flowers are lovely. Please share with us pictures of your fall harvest!